Friday, April 13, 2012

A to Z: Led Zeppelin

I may have been born a generation or two too late to be a true Led Head. However, when I was introduced to their music it changed my taste in music. Sure I liked the typical 80's music Men at Work, Duran Duran, Huey Lewis, Bryan Adams, Prince, INXS, and Van Halen to name a few. But then Zeppelin took over..

But unlike the other bands I had enjoyed before they took me on a musical journey. Who influenced them? Whose song is it?  Hence my love for the blues. They are the reason I listen to Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, John Lee Hooker. The reason it was such a thrill for me to see and meet Hubert Sumlin.

Who were their rivals, what bands were they in the past...I think I would have discovered Clapton on my own but they lead me straight to Jeff Beck...

The old bands The Yardbirds, The Who and more. They opened doors to other music styles to such as folk and rockabilly.


Robert Plant was my first concert I saw. or big name one, here is my recollection of that. Here is a review of his latest tour.A tribute to the man he is still introducing me to new music such as Darrell Scott and Buddy Miller. Led Zeppelin was my gateway band into music.



No comments: