Thursday, April 19, 2012

Levon Helm

Sad news Levon Helm passed away today. He was a drummer, mandolin player, and vocalist for The Band.
He was the first concert I reviewed on the Maryland Theatre Guide and the only one I co-wrote with Erica Laxson. You can read it here. Actually Erica wrote most of it, I added a little bit to it. She also moved over to DC Metro Theater Arts as well and you can read more about her here.

Here is a picture I took with my phone from that concert last year...


At least he got to tour with family and friends during his latter years. I'm sure it was fun for him to watch his family members become musicians and to be close to them. It is sad cancer took another person. Here is a song from the show "Attics of My Life"

News of his death..



A recent version of "The Weight" featuring Wilco...


Rest in peace..Levon Helm

No comments: