Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A to Z: Jam Bands

Last year at this time I was getting ready to travel south to the Wanee Festival and it is approaching in another week.As much as I would love to go again since the festival has an incredible lineup and it is in a beautiful setting, I have family issues keeping me home plus I have more than enough shows to keep me busy. I can elive it via youtube and my review.

A little taste via youtube...

Anyway this article is about Jam Bands for the letter J. Here is an article about Jam Bands I wrote and may were represented at Wanee or will be this year.

Here are the Allman Brothers...

Wanee isn't the only festival with Jam bands others I have blogged about include the Gathering of the Vibes and the All Good Festival. There are more festivals as well. However, the best jam band in my eyes is the Grateful Dead. I like the bands that have splintered from them but Jerry Garcia and the Dead can't be replaced. Youtube is pretty cool when you can find a clip from your first Dead show...

I've enjoyed jam bands from my generation as well especially a little band from Pittsburgh called Rusted Root..

Well enjoy the Wednesday vibes and maybe I'll see you at a jam band concert or festival somewhere..

1 comment:

Guilie Castillo said...

Man... I miss these events. Living in this small island in the Caribbean sounds like paradise (and it is, in many ways), but there's a lot I do miss about "civilization"--namely, this stuff. We do have a jazz festival (this year will be the third--and last) which we look forward to all freakin' year long, haha. But aside from that... Well, there's not much beside loud salsa bands.

Visiting from the A to Z challenge--good luck with the rest of the posts!