Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Monterey Jazz Festival on Tour 55th Anniversary Celebration concert

I knew I hadn't been to a concert in January I didn't realize I hadn't been to one in nearly two months. Well I picked a great one to go to on Friday at the Kennedy Center! It was called the The Monterey Jazz Festival on Tour 55th Anniversary Celebration concert. Featuring the vocals of the incredible Dee Dee Bridgewater and bassist extradonaire Christian McBride. Both of those talented musicians have won three Grammy Awards.

Here is Dee Dee in action singing "Bye Bye Blackbird"


Here is Christian McBride..


If that wasn't enough they had Benny Green on piano...


Drummer Lewis Nash who was outstanding specially with the brushes...


Then they added saxophonist Chris Potter, who has been Grammy nominated...here he is performing "Work"



It was rounded out with trumpeter Ambrose Akinmusire...



When you put all these musicians together and they went on stage and had fun together the results were incredible. You can read my review here

Stayed tune I will be back soon with more. I haave at least a play and a concert confirmed this month. I am waiting for a few more that are up in the air.



No comments: