Tuesday, February 26, 2013

R.I.P. Dan Toler



Dan Toler was a great Southern Rock guitarists. In the late 70s he was the guitarist for Dickey Betts and Great Southern before he joined the Allman Brothers Band from 1979-1982. He was the guitarist for Gregg Allman during the 80's and is featured on the album "I'm No Angel," the title track is a song I like a lot. He was also on "Just Before the Bullets Fly." In the 2000's he worked with a few all-star jams. 

Unfortunately for us, he has left this world to  jam in Rock and Roll heaven. He passed away on February 25 losing hius battle to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. He will be missed by his family and fans.

Thanks for his publicist, Mark Pucci, for sending me info used in this post. LEt me find some jams to celebrate his musical legacy.

Here Dan and friends perform "I'm No Angel"...


"One Way Out" with Dickey Betts...


Here he performs "Messin' with the Kid"



R.I.P Dan Toler

No comments: