Saturday, February 9, 2013

January Reads 2: The Music Bios

As you can tell I am a big music fan. I write about, blog abut, go to a ton of shows. I also read about it. Since I am I a reading frenzy in 2013 I will share which two I read in January.

First I read Clapton by Eric Clapton. 

Clapton  by Eric Clapton

Well I liked hearing about the musician in his own words. However, I felt like dismissed a lot of his career as being an addict. However,he did have some great moments musically in the 60s, 70s, 80s...

I did like hearing about his family life and how he dealt with his son's death. How his new life is going. Good read but felt it could be better if it didn't come off so dismissive on most of his best work. 

Jimi Hendrix: The Intimate Story of a Betrayed Musical Legend by Sharon Lawrence



I liked this book more than Scuse Me While I kiss the Sky, but I think it is a time thing. I read the latter when I was a young, so the sex, drugs, rock and roll stories were more interesting to me. Now I am older and gray. So it is more about the music and the person which Sharon gives more about. It was also neat to read the story from someone who new Hendrix. A little long on the after Hendrix legacy but quite interesting.

Well I just started to read my first music bio of this month so a new post on related books might be coming soon stay tuned!



No comments: