Wednesday, July 25, 2012

R.I.P. Sherman Hemsley

Sherman Hemsley who played George Jefferson on The Jeffersons passed away yesterday. He also starred in the show Amen. He appeared in Broadway in 1970 and had guest appearances on The Archie Bunker Show. He was a television star during the era of me growing up, and the era of my life where I watched more television. Sorry to see him go. You can read a review o his death from the San Jose Mercury here.

I will show some videos to share memories...

First up he talks about his character George Jefferson...


Here he guest stars on The Fresh Price of Bel-Air:

Here he shares his musical talents on Soul Train"

Here is a clip from The Jeffersons:
Here is a classic clip from Archie Bunker:
Hope you enjoyed the clips, he will be missed....

No comments: