Thursday, November 1, 2012

Slowhand at 35

No Eric Clapton is not 35, but his album  "Slowhand" turns 35 after being released on November 1, 1977. I've had it on cassette(belief it or not I still play those) and on CD but it is an album I can't up with..I have had multiple copies stolen, lost or destroyed. It only rivals The best of Deep Purple in that category.

The album starts out with a couple of Clapton's biggest concert numbers. The first one is a cover of J.J. Cale's "Cocaine." Below he performs the song live:


Next one is the beautiful "Wonderful Tonight" which is one of my favorite softer songs by Eric. Take a listen to the video below...

The third song was the only other song to chart. it was "Lay Down Sally."

The other songs include:

Next Time You See Her
We're All the Way
The Core
May You Never
Mean Old Frisco
Peaches and Diesel

Funny the longest song on the album is one of my favorites "The Core" at over 8 minutes there is little wonder why it didn't chart, but not every tune is supposed to be a hit...


If you are a fan of Eric Clapton you should check out this album. Anyway it is a new month and I will be back with something new soon....

No comments: