Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Freddie!

Even though Freddie Mercury passed away too soon he left us a lot of great songs. I wished I would have seen Queen in concert. I first got introduced to Queen by their song "Another One Bites the Dust" when I was a pre-teen child. The summer I went to summer camp and would listen to the rock and roll from the counselors, the good stuff like AC/DC "Dirty Deeds."  Funny I liked the song as kid then my step son liked the song as a kid and now my daughter likes it. Take a listen yourself...

Then of course there is "We are the Champions" I think I have heard that one at a sporting event or two...

Of course in college Queen was even more relevant with the cult following of the "Highlander" films. Queen did a soundtrack of sorts for the movie called "It's a Kinda Magic" which has to be one of the better albums ever made...


Thankfully we live in a digital age were music, videos and memories live on. We  can still celebrate an artists music and say thanks for the music.

No comments: