Friday, April 30, 2021

Blogging from to Z April Challenge: Z is for Zoos for Reptiles

 A zoo by definition "is an establishment that maintains a collection of wild animals, typically in a park or gardens, for study, conservation or display" according to the dictionary on bing. Most zoos or zoological parks have a collection of reptiles. By the definition above Alligator Farms would be considered a zoo.

In fact one of the oldest if not the oldest alligator farm the Saint Augustine Alligator Farm is now branded as a zoo.


Below is a virtual tour..


I have been there several times and would recommend it. Closer to me is an Alligator Farm called Alligator Alley in Summerdale, Alabama.


Me playing with a Carpet Python there, and holding an Alligator


Well until next time see you later Alligator








  




8 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

I really want to re-visit our local zoo. It's been years since we've been. Perhaps after things settle down more and things are feeling more like normal then a pandemic then we can go for a visit again.

Congratulations for finishing the A2Z Challenge, my friend. You did a fabulous job and I apologize for not making it over every day but at least I finally got caught up with you on the very last day of the challenge. ;)

Have a zensational weekend. You've earned it!

Zonk Looney Tunes A-Z Art Sketch

Arlee Bird said...

Nice way to end the Challenge. Congratulations on completing another A to Z.

I've never been to an alligator farm and I know my wife would refuse to go. She hates reptiles.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Anne E.G. Nydam said...

I enjoyed seeing your selection of excellent reptiles. Congratulations on completing the challenge!
Black and White: Z for Zerzura

nashvillecats2 said...

Excellent post to finish the challenge Mike, Congrats in completing it.
Well Done.

John Holton said...

Great way to end the series! Congratulations!

SpacerGuy said...

Well done! you've completed A to Z successfully.

Liz A. said...

I don't think I'd want to get that close to them. You're way braver than me.

Alana said...

Visiting (finally) from A to Z and Congratulations. Zoos....the only purely reptile zoo I've ever visited is Reptile Gardens in South Dakota. I had no idea what it would be like, and I was so pleasantly surprised! This was back in 2003, and trust me, I wouldn't want to get up close and personal with any reptile - especially an alligator. Although I lived in Florida for two years (back in the 70's) I never went to any of the alligator places.