Sunday, September 27, 2020

Monday's Music Moves Me: Songs about Neighbors and Sons

 It's another Monday's Music Moves Me and today's theme is songs about Neighbors and Sons.  Let's go ahead and get straight to the music!


We'll start with a neat video of Mister Rogers aging as he sings "Won't you be my Neighbor"


We go from the music of your childhood to one of the World's Greatest Rock and Roll Bands, Ladies and Gentleman the Rolling Stones...


Cat Stevens "Father and Son"


"Son of a Son of a Sailor" Jimmy Buffett


Sheryl Crow "There Goes the Neighborhood"


CCR "Fortunate Son"


Dusty Springfield "Son of a Preacher Man"


Hope that got you moving! I will see you soon!


















3 comments:

Mary B said...

Great selection! And who couldn't resist starting this post off with Mr Rogers? I did the same thing.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

The opening to Mister Rogers neighborhood brings back childhood memories of innocence forgotten. This song always puts a smile on my face. :D I'm familiar with all of your fabulous song picks. I prefer Sheryl Crow's mewsical style like "There Goes the Neighborhood". She's still good today but I like her older stuff better. Thanks for joining the 4M crew on the dance floor. Have a boogietastic week. Stay safe and be well, my friend!

Alana said...

It did make me move, especially Sheryl Crow's song. Very rockin' nice! I also enjoyed the "Mr. Rogers aging". I was fortunate enough, nearly two years ago, to visit the campus of Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida, a suburb of Orlando - Fred Rogers graduated from Rollins with a degree in music composition and we saw his rock on the campus Walk of Fame (we never did find his sweater, though - that is also on the campus). It's nice that, apparently, a number of us picked Mr. Rogers - and I, shame on me, did not!