Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Battle of the Bands: Trashy Woman

You probably couldn't write a song like this these days. I was travelling time and space on the back roads of my mind. Stopped in at a Honkey Tonk along the way. Put a few quarters in the juke box and ordered a beer. The selections weren't politically correct and the beer wasn't fancy. That's where I find myself as September roles in for the Battle of the Band. Seeing "friends in low places" looking out at the woman a little on the trashy side.


                                                The original  Chris Wall "Trashy Woman"


Well you know the drill, I will post two contenders. You pick your favorite in the comments, I count them and post the results in a week or so.

Contender One Jerry Jeff Walker



Contender Two: Confederate Railroad


Hope you enjoy and see you soon!














6 comments:

John Holton said...

I'm going with Jerry Jeff Walker on this. I like his voice better, and prefer his musical accompaniment.

Arlee Bird said...

That post was offensive in so many ways. Keep 'em coming. I miss the offensive good old days when people could laugh about things without getting all bent out of shape. Looting and rioting just ain't my idea of fun.

Give my vote to the offensively named Confederate Railroad. They put more life into the song.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Sixgun McItchyfinger said...

Lee is right. Completely offensive. Demeaning to women, and offensive to the Black community for using the incredibly named Confederate Railroad. My goodness, have you NO shame? This stuff will get you banned... from something. But not by or from me!

I am voting for Confederate Railroad. I liked the faster pace of the song, and - not weighted in the vote - I enjoyed the video.

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

MIKE ~

Although I have been a (Maverick) Christian since 4-6-1994, I do believe there is a place in "this world" for trashy women. Heck, I'd probably still be a virgin if not for trashy women.

This contest was *no contest* in my opinion...

Please give CONFEDERATE RAILROAD Stephen T. McCarthy's vote, and also give them Esteban T. Fernandez's vote, too. (He's mi hermano, what just moved in with me.)

Dang! Confederate Railroad did that song just right (a wee bit o' trashy), and the video was just trashy enough, too.

~ Stephen T. McCarthy y Esteban T. Fernandez
STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Cherdo said...

I'm gonna have to go with Confederate Railroad...and I'm not the least bit offended by trashy chick songs. Those sisters gotta have SOMEBODY singing about them, right?

Birgit said...

I like Confederate Railroad is my pick but hate the word Confederate..always did to be honest. Ok regardless, they sounded cleaner, I could understand the vocals better and I liked his voice more so than the first guy. I also preferred the instruments more so...the guitar etc,.,