Thursday, October 1, 2020

Battle of the Bands: No More Mr Nice Guy in Rocktober

 Welcome to my nightmare, I mean Welcome to Rocktober!  It's 2020 been a crazy year. However it is that time to rock. Alice Cooper I am sure is working on a new song called "School's Out for Covid." But we are all fed up and today's song is "No More Mr. Nice Guy"


Here's Alice....


Contender One: Pat Boone

I try to give you something different and unexpected from time to time. From his Metal Album..


Contender Two: Megadeth

I think this was from their easy listening album...


Has the real world made your Roctober less rocking? Well I will try to share some here!

Anyway most of you know the routine. Which do you like best Pat Boone or Megadeth?

In a week or so I will count the votes and write a post about the winner.

Enjoy, have fun and come back!










5 comments:

Mary B said...

Hey Mike!

I'm inviting you to join in RocktoberMusicFest - no real obligation, just post a link to your post in the comments of my #RMF posts. Would love to have you join us.

As for your battle - it's no question at all for me. Megadeth gets my vote.

~Mary

Stephen T. McCarthy said...


>>... Alice Cooper I am sure is working on a new song called "School's Out for Covid."

Ha!-Ha! Goot juan, MIKE!

I don't own any albums by Alice anymore. Although I DID have a couple back in the age of the LP (Long Playing records, aka "Licorice Pizza").

I will admit that despite their stoopid name and the very trite (typical, taken right from the usual Heavy Metal mold) guitar solo in the song, I did enjoy the Megadeth video. It exhibited a good deal more humor than I was expecting.

Nevertheless, my "bote" goes to PAT BOONE doing his best Richard Cheese impersonation. I do like Cheese's "lounge" spins on classic Rock songs, and therefore it stands to reason that I'd also get a kick out of Pat Boone's similar joke. (Joke, right?)

Guest BOTB Boter: Judge Al Bondigas (my brother)
After more than two decades in Phoenix, the judge has left Airheadzona and now lives here with me in Willoughberry. And he is contributing another bote for... PAT BOONE.

~ D-FensDogG
STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Arlee Bird said...

I'm going to try this again. I made an earlier comment that gotten messed up, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Megadeath was a pretty faithful redo of the original--good but just didn't dazzle me.

I've always enjoyed Pat Boone's takes on metal and rock songs. I'm a sucker for lounge act music. Give my vote to Pat Boone.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Sixgun McItchyfinger said...

I am sure that this battle seemed pretty fun to post, but as a listener I am struggling to get the same feeling! Not an Alice fan, not a Megadeth fan, and only casually appreciative of Boone.

However, Boone's take is so obviously a "Shatner-like" joke, I'm going to vote for Megadeth.

Birgit said...

I know this song and it's not one of my favourites but, I can't believe I am saying this, I give it to Pat Boone because I could listen to him singing this rather than the other one which is just noise to me.