Thursday, September 10, 2020

Battle of the Bands: Results for Trashy Woman

 The idea for using "Trashy Woman," the song, came from a comment ironically on a post about the results of my previous Battle of the Bands. Apparently I made a typo on the word results and typed it as "resluts" much to the entertainment of my reader. Now it could have been the way my reader read it.  Reading my blog in an altered state sometimes happens.  My blog is probably better read in an altered state! Well I went back to my post and I looked for a "reslut" and  in true fashion for my life I couldn't find one. I have made my fair share of typos so it is quite possible somewhere out there on my blog is a "reslut" just waiting to be found. After all my vision isn't the best and has gotten worse during the years! Also people have said if you don't stop certain activities you'll go blind. They might be right!

Anyway that is how the lightbulb came on about using "Trashy Woman" and it was an easy sell because I wanted to change genres from Rock and Roll. I knew Rocktober was coming around the corner so the time was right for a change.

As for the results of my Battle of the Bands, Confederate Railroad  ran away with this one like a run away train. Confederate Railroad won 5 to 1, or 6 to 1 if you count Stephen's guest. I mean Stephen is a great host just look at this blog hop, so I completely understand his popularity with guests. 

Celebrating are winner here are some other songs by "Confederate Railroad" for your listening pleasure!

                                           "Daddy Was Never the Cadillac Kind"


"Jesus and Mama"


Stay tuned for the next Battle on September 15! In between I might share a post or two. You never know when a "reslut" might appear or a story starting off with "the idea for using Trashy Woman" might be shared. Might as well come back, pull up a chair, and have a beverage of your choice and join the fun!




2 comments:

Cherdo said...

Nice! I liked this battle and somehow, I managed to think I'm on the "winning side," with no personal effort in the performance.

Sweet.

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

Ha! MIKE, that was me!

In your previous BOTB Results post, I wrote this:

>>... This was a highly entertaining BOTB Resluts post.
(Hmmm.... Was there a typo in there somewhere?)


The "typo" was mine. I had accidentally typed "Resluts" instead of Results. I noticed it right away (because it was a rare moment when I wasn't in some altered state), but rather than correct my mistake, I just decided to "go with it".

Funny! Because it never dawned on me that your most recent BOTB installment was inspired by my "typo" in the comment section of your previous BOTB Re-s-u-l-t-s post.

~ D-FensDogG
STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS