Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Return to Jazz: Diana Krall

No Diana Krall didn't return to jazz she was already there. I returned to jazz. It isn't a genre I get to review very often. Mostly because someone else grabs them up, but I get my share of shows. Sometimes it is simply I can't cover multiple shows at the same time.Any way Diana Krall was great as one would expect. You can read my review of her show here.

Here is a taste...


I really enjoyed her opening act Denzal Sinclaire. I like his voice here is a video of him to check out.

I love that about opening acts or going to festivals, you get introduced to a lot of great music.

The first jazz review I wrote was in April of 2010. I am sure I blogged about it too. It was about Jazz Night at the Alhambra Theatre in Jacksonville, Florida. You can read that review here. However, at the time I probably wasn't using technology like I am now. Here is one of the acts I saw that night Isaac Bryd Jr. and this is from that performance..

Here is a promo for another band called The Fusion Band which performed that evening as well..
I love being able to add videos and give more information.

The last jazz concert I reviewed was a songwriting show that had a jazz night. It was last year and held at the prestigious Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. You can read the review here. One of the bands was Zaccai Curtis and the Curtis Brothers Quartet.

Sonia Szajnberg also performed.  Here she is from that evening.
Well there is a little jazz for you. I hope you enjoyed and I hope it made your summer a little bit cooler. I will back soon with a new post.

No comments: