Saturday, May 15, 2021

Battle of the Bands: Mary Had a Little Lamb

 Welcome to another Battle of the Bands. I started the year with some rock anthem battles, then I settled into a jazz grove. In April I went with 50's rock and modern millennial pop before returning to jazz. What in the wide world of music am I going to select this time around? Let's do a famous nursery rhyme. Wait let's have two great guitarists perform said nursery rhyme. 

Just in case you need a refresher on "Mary Had a Little Lamb" here is an example of the tune...


As you know I will present two contenders giving us their interpretation of this classic nursery rhyme. You my awesome readers and listeners tell me which one you like the best in the comments. My job is pretty easy I count up the votes like I am counting sheep and announce a winner in a week or so in a new post.

Contender One: Buddy Guy


Contender Two: Stevie Ray Vaughan


Which one did you like the best Buddy or Stevie? Let me know in the comments and I will see you soon!






8 comments:

Mary B said...

This is no contest for me! I never had a little lamb - my older sister did. True story. It's Stevie Ray all the way for me!

nashvillecats2 said...

I enjoyed Steve. most enjoyable.


John Holton said...

They're about equal, so I'll vote for Buddy Guy...

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

What a cool battle! I'm going with STEVIE RAY VAUGHN in the showdown.

Thanks for joining me in my BoTB on Saturday, my friend. Have a bandtastic week!!

Arlee Bird said...

This is one of the first songs I learned to play on the violin when I was in 3rd grade. Both of these versions are very different from my own childhood version--thank goodness for that!

Of these two I'm going with the smoother slicker sound of Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

MIKE ~

Pretty close, really. But I think I preferred SRV's singing a bit more so, give him one more BOTB bote, please.

~ D-FensDogG
'STEPHEN T. McCARTHY REVIEWS...'

diedre Knight said...

No wonder they call you creative - a truly unique battle! Stevie Ray (if I may) for me.

Birgit said...

This is a cool way to go with that little song and I give it to the great Stevie Ray because I just love his style and guitar playing.