Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Blogging A to Z: Jacksonville

My Mom lives in the Jacksonville, Florida area. One of the selling points about moving to where I live is that I would be closer to my parents. As I am growing grayer my parents are growing older. Growing older I am finding out comes with more health issues. I am closer so I can come visit more often. Closer being the keyword. Jacksonville is still about 360 miles from where I am. 360 boring miles due east from me.



Sometimes I throw in a fun distraction like a concert, football game or a meet up with a close friend when I go to Jacksonville.

I don't dislike Jacksonville. I don't like the drive. It is one place that feels like home when I visit. I lived there as a child for about six years. I can drive by the old elementary schools I used to go to. I can walk through the old park I used to play in. I can walk along the beach that I have walked so many times before.


1 comment:

Birgit said...

I am glad you visit your parents despite the boring trip. So many kids never see their parents and it's nice that you can feel like home when you visit