Saturday, December 1, 2018

Battle of the Bands: December's Children, Tears, Covers

I know it is December and everyone is thinking the Battle of the Bands is going to be filled with Holiday music. I'm not quite ready for Holiday music. Well the Rolling Stones are going on tour and they had an album December's Children (And Everybody's). I am picking one of the singles from that album because it is December.

DecChLP.jpg

The song "As Tears Go By" by The Rolling Stones...


It is a short one so you will still have time for your Holiday Shopping!

                                                Contestant One: Marianne Faithfull


Contestant Two: Melanie



                                               

The contenders are both ladies. Vote in the comments on what cover you like best. I will total them up and have the results posted in a week or so. Hope it is fun and I will be back soon!


7 comments:

John Holton said...

I really like both of these. Marianne Faithfull has a better voice, but Melanie has more feel for the song. I'll go with Melanie.

Arlee Bird said...

Melanie's voice can sometimes grate on me and that's how I perceive her version of this song. It's an okay arrangement, but I'm not thrilled. And even more so, Marianne Faithful's version is the one that I know the best and brings back fondest memories.

Give my vote to Marianne.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Mary B said...

I'm not ready for Christmas or Holiday music just yet either - maybe by the time the 15th rolls around I'll be ready.

I'm voting for Marianne.

~Mary
Jingle Jangle Jungle

aisasami said...

I love Marianne Faithfull's version more. Love the instrumentation and her voice!

http://aisasami.wordpress.com

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

Howdy, MIKE ~
I am unequivocally voting for MARIANNE. I did not care for Melanie's vocal quality; it sounded "odd" to me. But Marianne's rendition I like even better than the Rolling Stones' original. Which really doesn't surprise me, as no one will ever mistake me for a major Rolling Stones fan.

~ D-FensDogG @ STMcC Presents 'Battle Of The Bands'

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

My vote goes to Marianne Faithfull. I'm a bit behind after a crazy week. DH has time off, so we're doing a bit of a staycation. Hopefully, we can get some of the craziness behind us to enjoy our remaining time together. Have a good evening, my friend!

Cherdo said...

Hey, Mike! You don't have to do Christmas music if you don't wanna, buddy. If someone bullies you, just tell me. I'll get 'em.

Melanie doesn't have a chance with this one; not her best vocals...warbly marbly...

So, Marianne Faithfull, it's your lucky day!

Happy holidays, Mike!
Cherdo