Friday, April 15, 2016

Battle of the Bands: Always Something to Remind Me

Somehow I forgot about Battle of the Bands so I am scrambling to put it together. Somehow there is "Always Something to Remind Me."



The song was written n the 1960's by the legendary songwriting team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David. Dionne Warrick recorded it first. I am going to pit two well known versions of the song against each other.

Contestant One: Sandie Shaw


Contestant Two: Naked Eyes




Here are the rules: You pick the one you like best by casting your vote in the comments. I tally them up and I will announce the winner on Sunday April 24. Yes I am deviating on the result page due to the A to Z Challenge. .

Please check out the other battles I defer to the master list found on this site STMcC Presents 'Battle of the Bands'. It is also the place to sign up!

I will be back soon with the regularly yet to be written A to Z post.






10 comments:

Elliptical Man said...

Voting for Naked Eyes.

Shaw seems a bit too fast-paced with the singing.

Robin said...

Both of these might be well known, but I'd not heard the Sandie Shaw version until today. Not sure I've heard Dionne sing it either. Naked Eyes is the one I know. It's also the one I like. I was pretty sure I was voting for the as-yet-unheard Naked Eyes while Sandie Shaw was playing. I didn't like her voice at all, so when the familiar sound of Naked Eyes came on.... ding ding ding... we have a winner, chicken dinner!

Anonymous said...

I prefer Naked Eyes too.

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

MIKE ~
Wow! I had no idea this was a Bacharach / David song. And the only version I'd ever heard before was by NAKED EYES, which I didn't care for.

But now that I know, shoot yes!, this song has "Bacharach" all over it.

Had you used Dionne Warwick, I'm sure I'd be submitting an enthusiastic vote - I've always enjoyed her singing!

As it is, I still don't like Naked Eyes, and Sandie Shaw's singing does nothing for me. However, I do like the music better behind Sandie, so SHE GETS MY VOTE.

~ D-FensDogG
'Loyal American Underground'

Birgit said...

Naked Eyes all the way. The first one just screeched out the words. My hubby was listening and thought she couldn't sing:)

Michele at Angels Bark said...

This is no hard decision for me: I like the Naked Eyes version better. Maybe it's because it's the one I'm most familiar with? I don't know but I just like Naked Eyes better.

Michele at Angels Bark

John Holton said...

I did this song not long ago in one of my battles... anyway, I like Sandie Shaw's version of this, so she gets my vote.

dolorah said...

Hmm, both are very good. I think Sandi's version has more energy though, so I'm voting for her.

Mary B said...

Absolutely voting for Naked Eyes. Sandie Shaw's voice just grinds me the wrong way.

Mary
#AtoZChallenge O is for O'Connor

Jeffrey Scott said...

I had no idea this was a remake.
Even still, I have to give my vote to Naked Eyes. Have always loved the song.