Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thoughts on Dale Hunter

I liked the hiring of Dale Hunter as the Washington Capitals coach. I loved the idea of the team hiring one of their own greats to coach the team. The team responded with a 30-23-7 record under his reign. Most importantly he was able to squeak the team into the playoffs.

Here is a highlight of Dale Hunter back in his playing days...



The team welcomed him back with this montage...


The team did not have an easy run in the playoffs. The Caps defeated the defending Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins in seven games during the first round.

Next up the Caps lost to the top seeded New York Rangers in seven games...

The team had a good showing in the playoffs and nothing to feel bad about. Yes like the good teams in the past they did fall short. Next season will be interesting for the team.

Being a little older and wiser I don't blame Dale Hunter for making the decision to return to his home, to be with his family. Those are important things. I wish him well and I hope he enjoys. I hope the Caps find a great Coach to help them reach their goals as well.

No comments: