Monday, May 7, 2012

The Blues Lost Another One R.I.P. Michael Burks

I didn't see this one happen..Michael Burks dead at the age of 54. It is reported he collapsed at the airport going through customs. My deepest condolences to his wife, family and love ones. I met him once after his set at the Western Maryland Blues Fest and he was a warm, friendly man. He was very nice and genuine to his fans. That's how I will remember him signing autographs and greeting fans in the rain.

Here is a picture of him doing just that..(I took the picture)



His talent is what most people will miss. I know I will miss his guitar skills and his music as a fan. I am glad I got the chance to see him perform.

Here is performing at the Fest ...


Here is another tune from that show...



He will be missed..

No comments: