Friday, November 18, 2011

Death by Them Crooked Vultures

I like Them Crooked Vultures. Everybody who knows me knows I like Led Zeppelin, and I think John Paul Jones is a very talented musician. I like Dave Grohl too. The band has a bit of a metal edge to it with Queens of the Stone Age Josh Homme in the band. However, I never would have considered them death metal.

However, a story out of Ultimate Classic Rock might change my mind. A guy stabbed himself too death after listening to Them Crooked Vultures in concert. He blamed the pain associated with hearing loss as the reason and blamed the band. The news is tragic and yes I use a little pun humor.

Of all the reasons to blame your death on a rock band hearing loss caused due to the band rocking is better than blaming subliminal messages, Satanic messages, or the band was so bad one just wanted to end the misery. On a serious note I guess this would be a reason to consider ear protection.

Here is the band in action:


No comments: