Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge: W is for Watersnake

 There are several Watersnakes in the United States. The one I see the most is the Banded Watersnake.


In the picture above taken by me there are two Banded Watersnakes. Were they romantically involved? Were they chasing each other? Were they playing? I don't know but I was lucky enough to catch both.

.

Above is another Banded Watersnake. The watersnake is non venomous. However it does share the same habitat as the cottonmouth and is sometimes killed by mistake. 

Three more letters to go!





5 comments:

nashvillecats2 said...

Very interesting to read Mike, thanks for sharing.

Yvonne.

Lisa said...

These are the one that scared me more than once as a child while I was just wading along river banks! They are fast!

Deborah Weber said...

There's something mesmerizing (at least for me) of seeing snakes in water. Their undulating movement seems more suited to water than ground.

Liz A. said...

The banded watersnake had a friend. How sweet. (Unless they were engaged into a battle to the death. Then not so sweet.)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Although watersnakes are venomous, I still don't want to have anything to do with them. I remember when I was young girl around 10 years old, stepping on a green snake which sent me screaming for cover. I nearly had a heart attack! I'm not fan of snakes.

Wile E. Coyote Looney Tunes A-Z Art Sketch