Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge: E is for Egg Eating Snake

 Some people have a fear of snakes or don't like them. A small percentage of snakes are venomous  enough to ruin a person's day(or possibly kill a person) and some snakes are quite large and deserve respect. A lot of the ear comes from snakes having teeth. Not all snakes have teeth or fangs. There are 16 species of Egg Eating Snakes native to  Africa that don't have teeth. Their diet consist of eggs.

These snakes have no teeth or fangs. They are not venomous. Some people keep them as pets however finding proper size eggs to feed the snake can be a challenge.


Thanks or visiting and I will be back with F tomorrow!


5 comments:

Writing Sparkle said...

Ah, snakes! I can't say I know to much about them to be honest. I held a boa once ages ago and I was very surprised by how its skin felt in relation to how I expected it to feel. Anyway, fun post.

Stopping in from A to Z: https://writingiscommunication.wordpress.com/2021/04/06/e-erase/#comment-4742

Birgit said...

Ahh, yes, the poor snake is often misunderstood, religion is partly to blame but I would not like to see a Black mamba, Cobra or fierce Snake in the wild. We had plenty of Garter snakes and i used to catch them until one bit me.

Lisa said...

Snakes are beautiful. I'm not afraid of them, just don't want one for a pet (don't want to use live food), and if I see one in the yard it startles me. Same for lizards.

John Holton said...

I take it that chicken eggs are too big...?

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

I've heard of egg snakes, I think but I didn't know they were in Africa.

Elmer Fudd Looney Tunes A-Z Art Sketch