Monday, April 12, 2021

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge: J is for Jungle Carpet Python

 

Today's letter in the A to Z April Challenge is J. My reptile of the day is the Jungle Carpet Python, Morelia Spilota Cheynei


Picture by Mike Spain

The picture above is one of my personal snakes and is a Jungle Carpet Python. My snake is captive bred and was hatched in Maryland. In the wild Jungle Carpet Pythons are native to the rainforests of Queensland Australia.

Female carpet pythons tend to grow bigger than males. Jungle Carpet Pythons are considered medium size python and average 5 to 7 feet.













6 comments:

Lisa said...

Such a beautiful pattern on your snake.

Birgit said...

So nice looking. Love the pattern...what's her name?

Janet said...

Yes, very pretty markings.

https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/04/14/a-to-z-2021-l-is-for-lombard-street-and-lands-end/

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

You have a snake? Now, why doesn't this surprise me? :) This wouldn't be my first choice for a pet, just saying. lol To each his/her own, right? ;)

Joke Advice Looney Tunes A-Z Art Sketch.

Mike said...

Birgit her name is Grace!

Mike said...

Cathy she is my first one but my collection has grown to three