Friday, July 10, 2020

Battle of the Bands Results: Counting Raindrops

A Hal David and Burt Bacharach classic performed by BJ Thomas was setting for the battle. The Battle featured a crooner versus a modern band. I thought the latter might run away with it.

The award winning Welsh band The Manic Street Preachers were my bet to win. They gave it a try earning two votes.

Johnny Mathis understands the great American Songbook and "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" belongs in that book. Well Johnny won easily with 5 votes.

The score 5 to 2.

 Celebrating winners...
                                                      "Chances Are"
                                                         


"It's not for me to say"


"Misty"


Join me on the 15th for my 6th year anniversary of doing Battle of the Bands.






1 comment:

Arlee Bird said...

I guess the familiarity factor must have played a part. I liked the Preachers.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out