Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Battle of the Bands: Sixth Year Anniversary Edition

Today marks my sixth year anniversary of doing the Battle of the Bands. It is great that this blog hop is still going on with a strong group of bloggers. The bitter sweet thing is the bloggers who have come and gone. The important thing to me is the blog hop is still fun to do. I used to worry about running out of material but that hasn't become an issue.

On this Battle I am going back to guitar driven, blues influenced classic rock! Not too far off from my first Battle which featured a Rolling Stones song. This one features a tune from Jimi Hendrix called "If Six was Nine." I could very well still be doing the Battle of the Bands when this become a 9th year anniversary. 

The Original Jimi Hendrix...


Okay the original used in a movie clip from "Easy Rider"

Let's Rock!

Contender One: Wolfmother


Now that your awake let's keep rocking with contender Two.

Contender Two: Lenny Kravitz


The Battle of the Bands is interactive. Your part is to vote for who you liked the best in the comments Wolfmother or Lenny. You can say why, have fun in the comments too! However please vote!

I count up the votes in a week or so and write a post announcing the winner. I hope you enjoyed and I will be back soon!







7 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

Congratulations on making it 6 years. It's a fun blog hop I will agree. I've got enough Battles in the hopper to keep me going with BOTB for a good while longer even if I don't come up with any new ideas--which I keep doing.

I might be committing rock and roll sacrilege in saying this, but I've never been much of a Hendrix fan. While these covers stay true to the original, they don't really grab me that much.

I thought Lenny added to more interesting touches to his cover. I'll give my vote to Lenny Kravitz.

I'm doing a mid month Battle again so I hope you'll drop by.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Birgit said...

Hmm this is a tough one but I am going with Lenny even though, near the end it was getting on my nerves, i found his style more unique so he gets my vote

John Holton said...

Once I got past the cacaphony at the beginning, I liked Lenny Kravitz's cover of this much better. He gets my vote.

Kim@StormsAndStardust said...

I was worried I'd like Wolfmother's version better than my man Lenny's, but that was not the case. Wolfmother's version sounded too much like Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" to me. Nothing wrong with that, but I definitely liked Lenny's version better.

Kim

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

MIKE ~

Major congrats on your six-year BOTB anniversary! It's always been a fun blogfest and I can't imagine anyone ever running out of ideas because they seem endless to me.

I'm coming into this one as a DECIDEDLY non-fan of Jimi Hendrix. So I can't honestly say I embraced either version but... I'll cast my vote for "Leni Kravix". I'm in agreement with what Birgit said: I preferred Leni's version, up until the end when he went into that Hard-Bop Jazz mode and it just sounded like a bunch of angry noise to me. But, still, "Kravix" for the win.

~ D-FensDogG
STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

It's probably me but I had trouble getting into either of the covers. Perhaps, it's just the song pick that didn't resonate well with my ears. Who knows the reason but I think I might like Wolfmother. It looks like I'm on the outside with my vote but at least it'll keep ya from having a blow out,right? :D Sorry for the late visit. My battle is up if you haven't voted yet. Have a good weekend!

Cherdo said...

Since day one, I've been a big fan of Lenny Kravitz--I truly believe he is super-talented. Very nice battle!