Sunday, November 24, 2019

Monday's Music Moves Me: Toys

Today's Monday's Music Moves Me theme is Toys since Black Friday is soon approaching.

Let's just dive into the music!

                                           Aerosmith "Toys in the Attic"


Jeff Beck "Roy's Toy"


Martika "Toy Soldiers"



Joni Mitchell "Shiny Toys"


The Beach Boys "The Man with All The Toys"


A list that starts off rocking and ends with a legendary group at least has good bookend, or in this case songends. Through in an instrumental, a pop song, and Joni not a bad way to fill a list. Toys for your ears on this Monday.



5 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

I can't believe it's the last week in November and Thanksgiving is this Thursday. The holiday season is staring at us square in the eyes now. You brought a few new songs to the dance floor today that I have yet to stumble on. I hope you have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving in the company of those you love. Thank you for being a good blog friend. Have a boogietastic week!

songbird's crazy world said...

Nice choices.

John Holton said...

You just reminded me that I lost my copy of "Jeff Beck's Guitar Garage" a while back.

Good set!

Alana said...

This was a nice set, with a lot of variety, and one of my favorite songs "Toys in the Attic". Jeff Beck was new to me and I enjoyed that music find. The last song was a new (to me) Beach Boys song - nice listening here!

Kim@StormsAndStardust said...

All good selections! I liked them all, but am most familiar with Martika's "Toy Soldiets", as it was all over the radio back in my first year of college, the first time around.

Kim