Thursday, November 14, 2019

Sammy was Fun and Battle of the Bands Results

Even though Stephen  "wouldn't even drive across the street to see Sammy Hagar." I did drive across the state to see Sammy. It was a a good excuse for me to hangout with a friend who I have been friends with for 28 years. Even though we don't live close we still do things together quite often. It also gave me an excuse to spend some time with my Dad. I also got to spend sometime walking in the ocean, with my feet in the water. Even though I have beautiful white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico were I live, I still like the Atlantic. As a bonus for the concert if your an 80s music fan Night Ranger was the opening act.

Image may contain: one or more people, night and crowd

Sammy and Jason Bonham

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage and people playing musical instruments

Sammy and Michael Anthony 

Image may contain: 2 people, people on stage

All pictures by me. The Saint Augustine Amphitheater ended up being a nice venue, great seats and a great friend made it a great night.

Well I picked "Bad Motor Scooter" for my Battle of the Bands selection. The evening I saw Sammy he picked "Rock Candy" as his Montrose song to play. 

The rock cover by Pete Manley got no love in my Battle, making the contest really between an instrumental and the funky version. The Chi-Lites defeated the L.A. Underscore 4 to 2.

The Chi-Lites with "Have You Seen Her"


"Oh Girl"


I will be back tomorrow with another Battle of the Bands! Hope you enjoyed the last one and this look into a day of my life!



No comments: