Monday, November 26, 2018

My Battle of the Bands Chronicle: Volume One 2014

I've been doing the Battle of the Bands for some time. Before it became too much of a challenge I wanted to go back and archive the battles I have had. I thought it might be fun to see the artist I picked and see where it has gone.

Battle One: 07/15/2014 Dead Flowers

The Rolling Stones "Dead Flowers" was my pick. My contenders were Townes Van Zandt and Samantha Fish. The Stones won two votes while the contenders each had one vote. You can see that battle here.

Battle Two: 08/01/2014 Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Beautiful tune and two guitar gods with Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck. You can visit here. Slowhand wins 5 to 1.

Battle Three: 08/15/2014 Scarlet Begonias

A Grateful Dead song and two artists so different Jimmy Buffett and Warren Haynes. The madness can be reviewed here. Jimmy won 5 to 2.

Battle Four: 09/01/2014 Creep

A Radiohead song pitting Moby against Tori Amos. Moby won in a landslide. Archived here.

Battle Five: 09/15/2014 Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You

Looking back I probably went a tad overboard with five contenders. See what I was thinking here. The Plebs, The Association, Miley, Pink, Led Zeppelin. Zep won!

Battle Six: 10/01/2014 Train Kept A-Rollin' 

Yardbirds Vs Aerosmith! Aerosmith really won but I tied it up with a rare me vote as you can see.

Battle Seven: 10/15/2014 Hey Joe

Roy Buchanan against Seal and David Gilmour. Guitars are big in my battles as you can hear in this one. Seal wins this one.

Battle Eight: 11/01/2014 When The Saints Go Marching In

Dr John battles it out with Bruce Springsteen. Relive it here. It was close but Dr John wins!

Battle Nine: 11/15/2014 Hope in a Hopeless World

Eric Bibb versus Widespread Panic! My first shutout here.  7 to zip.

Battle Ten: 12/01/2014 Run Rudolph Run

Keith Richards against  Skynyrd. Where do I come up with these? Seeing is believing. Lynyrd Skynyrd wins.

Battle Eleven: 12/15/2014 Happy Xmas The War is Over

Fems for Christmas the Corrs versus Sheryl Crow, Really happened here. Sheryl won!





1 comment:

John Holton said...

That's a good idea. I think I'll do the same, because I think I started right after you did.