Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Battle of the Bands Results: So close we needed a recount

The voting was tight in this close election. One election official was ready to call it a draw. Then one last vote mysteriously showed up. It was a curious vote and kind of catty! (thanks Cathy!) The deadlock was broken. The conservative voice from the right side of my head was outraged. The voice from the liberal left side of my mind created mass confusion when someone said "snow flake!" The fun loving ski bum voice was suddenly excited! In the momentary lapse of reason  my head became so congested. I live in Florida and there is no snow.

Fiction you may ask? It all depends how many voices you think I have in my head. If I ever become famous wouldn't that be a great trivia question? The results were super close. Cathy's vote did determine the winner. I have been battling this congestion for way to long.

The winner was Eric McFadden who edged out Scott Weiland 5 to 4.   Below is a picture of the winner taken by me last month. If you steal it, it would be nice if you give me credit.



I had seen Eric before as a guitarist for Anders Osborne. He has also played with George Clinton, Eric Burdon, Les Claypool, Keb' Mo',  Galactic, Jackson Browne to name a few. In other words a working musician been in a few regional bands and worked with some highly regarded musicians. He was in a festival I usually see every October in Louisiana. What got me interested in seeing him was his latest single..

"Love Come Rescue Me"


The latest album is produced by one of my favorite guitarists Tab Benoit. It also features Doug Wimbish on bass who blew me away on Eric's solo set at the festival. Doug was in the rock band Living Colour. 

Here he is playing the Monday after the Fest with Jonathon Long and Charlie Wooten..


Another new song "Long Gone"


Hope you enjoyed! Go out and discover some new to you music!

2 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

That was a nail-biter! I was on the "winning" side.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Anonymous said...

Incredible points. Great arguments. Keep up the
great effort.