Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Happy Birthday Robert Hunter!

Today, June 23, 2015 is Robert Hunter's birthday. In my opinion is one of the greatest lyricist on the planet. You may not know his  name but if you listen to the Grateful Dead you have surely heard songs he has penned.

Here Robert Hunter performs "Ripple" at the Songwriters Hall of Fame honoring Jerry Garcia and himself..



His contribution to the Grateful Dead was so big he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the band as a non-performing member of the band.

Here is one Hunter's vintage solo songs called "Dry Dusty Road"...


He wrote the song "Silvio" and a few others for Bob Dylan..



He wrote this song with "Little Feat" for an album back in 2013..


I'll leave you with this classic "Brokedown Palace"


I hope you enjoy the music and I will be back soon!

1 comment:

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Way Down Under is one of my favorites! Thanks, Mike.