Thursday, April 23, 2015

A to Z Challenge: T is for Temple, Shirley Temple

Today is the 87th anniversary of Shirley Temple's birth. She passed away in February of 2014 and you can read my tribute to her here. Clips of "Curly Top," "The Good Ship Lollipop," and part of The Kennedy Center Honors can be found there.

Today on her birthday I will once again pay tribute to her. However, I will be sharing different clips.

Here she is with the extended version of "Animal Crackers in My Soup"


She had a long and successful career leaving behind a great legacy to choose from which makes a blog log this easy. Here she is with "When I Grow Up"


Here is a short interview with Regis and Kathy Lee..


What are your favorite Shirley Temple movies? Favorite moments? Please feel free to share in the comments. Thanks for visiting and I will have a new post soon!

5 comments:

Dixie@dcrelief said...

I remember your Feb. 2014 tribute!
"When I grow up" is a favorite.
It's hard to fathom that her movie career was over way before I was born - what a talent!! Thanks, Mike.

Stephen Tremp said...

I've seen the house where she lived in Newport Beach. John Wayne had a house close by.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Shirley Temple lifted the heavy hearts and spirits of the public during some of this country's hardest years. I love the dance sequence with Bo Jangles on the stairs!!
Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
with the A to Z Challenge

Liz A. said...

Actually, I believe my favorite Shirley Temple movie is The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer. Cary Grant, Myrna Loy, and Shirley Temple. Great cast.

Mandy said...

I can't say I've seen too many whole Shirley Temple movies. I've seen a lot of clips though and she was such a darling, cute kid! One day I'll have to watch one of movies in full. :)