Friday, January 23, 2015

Happy Birthday Django Reinhardt!

A year and a half ago I blogged about the 60th anniversary of Django Reinhardt's death. You can revisit that post here. Today I celebrate what would be Django's 105th birthday.

Here he performs "Minor Swing"



Again with this post I am celebrating his life and legacy while trying to make sure my musical celebrations don't repeat my previous post.

Below is a piece called "Star Dust"


I will rap this post up with one more tune "Belleville"


Thanks for visiting I hope you enjoyed some Django jazz!

2 comments:

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Nice swing piece - reminds me of old westerns here... very old.
I wish I had a dollar for every time my parents played "Star Dust." hadn't heard this version before; loved the saxophone!
Belleville is interesting, however Django is almost 'background' to the clarinet's playing. A lot o swing in this one too... and jazzy!
I enjoyed this, Mike! Have a fun weekend.

John Holton said...

I saw this and had to post on it myself (you got credit). Django is one of my guitar heroes.