Tuesday, February 25, 2014

George Harrison's Birthday

I published a similar post last year to celebrate the late George Harrison's 7oth birthday. This year I felt it was appropriate to celebrate him again. 2014 has already seen the Beatles celebrated for their 50th anniversary of their first concert in the USA. George Harrison was a guitarist in the band who like Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and John Lennon went on to have a notable solo career. I'll try to mix up the videos this year to show something a bit different.

Here is a fan created version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" performed by The Beatles. Last year I posted a video of George playing it solo with some musical all stars.

 
Here is another great Beatle's song that really highlights George called "Here Comes the Sun"
 
 
Here is George playing a solo song from the late 80's "Got My Mind Set On You"
 
 
 
George talks about the Beatles break up
 
 
 
George Harrison maybe gone but he is not forgotten. We celebrate his birthday.

 

No comments: