Saturday, November 30, 2013

20 years of Jacksonville Jaguars Football

Twenty years ago the Bold New City of the South, Jacksonville was awarded an NFL franchise. Te team didn't start playing until 1995. 10 years prior to the city being awarded a team of their own my family left Jacksonville for Maine. I remember seeing Jacksonville Sharks of The World Football League in the Gator Bowl.

In visits since we left Jacksonville I went to an exhibition game between the New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons in the Gator Bowl.Then during one of the Jaguars better seasons I came down and watched a Jaguars game in person. It was a Sunday night game against the Bengals.

Here is an article I wrote which managed it's way onto Yahoo Sports which covered the history of the Jaguars from 1995 through the 2009 season. Here is a smaller article about how the team became the Jaguars.

Yes the Jacksonville is suffering through a dismal season, and haven't had a winning season since 2007. They did have a .500 season in 2010. Still they have a new coach, a new owner, and new plans for the years a head. Here is a cheer for the first 20 years and I am looking forward to the next 20. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a topic whiich iis ner to my heart... Take care! Exactly where are your contact details
though?

Here is mmy page ... best bass fishing