Saturday, May 21, 2011

Z to A: Jiffy Lube Live

Jiffy Lube Live, which used to be Nissan Pavilion, is a 25,000 seat amphitheater in Bristow, Virginia.  Bristow is a suburb of Washington. Anyway, they have been making news for banning tailgating. As a fan of Jimmy Buffett I don't like this since a major part of the experience is the parking lot. No, tailgating is not all about getting drunk. When I see Jimmy Buffett is it usually something to do to celebrate my wife's birthday. I definitely meet up with old friends and make new ones in the parking lot. I've shared some great grilled meals in the parking lot. We have discovered a wonderful BBQ place on the way. A place we would pick up a rack of ribs, some pulled pork, and all the sides. More than drinking, it is the added social aspect of the concert. Now, apparently it is no more.


No comments: