Thursday, October 22, 2009

A night for Hope

Tuesday night was a night of hope. It was a recognition night for the woman at Hope Alive. Hope Alive is a non-profit ministry providing shelter and so much more to homeless woman and their children. The evening brought together supporters of Hope Alive from across the region. Supporters ranged from owners of foundations, local clergy, local business leaders and concerned citizens.

Homelessness is a big problem in Frederick County, Maryland and the Nation as a whole. The shaky economy is certainly not helping. I have been fortunate to help where I can. I have volunteered with the REACH Cold Weather Shelter in Hagerstown, Maryland and I volunteer at Hope Alive. A couple of weeks ago, I was able to enjoy a night out with my wife and we saw a concert. The concert was the California Guitar Trio who performed a benefit concert for another shelter in Frederick.

More information about Hope Alive can be found at www.hopealiveministries.org.

No comments: