Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

This blog will probably read like the blog I wrote last Memorial Day. I hope everyone has a safe Holiday, and have had a safe weekend so far. I hope between the cook outs, gatherings, and other good times that yo have the opportunity to reflect on the Holiday.

I'd like to say a thank you to those in the armed forces. Thank you for those sacrifices you all make. I know lots of them are still in places where it is not peace time. I hope peace comes to those areas and those who are there can come home safely. Even in peace time, these brave men and woman, make sacrifices to attend deployments, trips, trainings often leaving behind their families for days, weeks, and months. When the orders come they answer the orders.

Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard I am thankful for each and everyone of you. Some of you are lucky to have really cool jobs, some of you have the jobs that need to be done, you face the dangers most of us will hopefully never have to face(thanks largely to what you do), some of you do important research that makes the world better, you all make impacts on your communities (Toy for Tots-comes to mind but I know there are other programs), you help fight terrorism, you help with law enforcement, rescues, humanitarian efforts, and more. Even the part timers, the Reserves, I am proud of what you do. I am proud that you answer the Nation's Call. I am proud you step up in times of natural disasters and other emergencies and help so many. I am thankful and proud of the job you all do everyday.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, I humbly thank you. I offer my condolences to your family and Brothers and Sisters in Arms.

No comments: