Thursday, August 21, 2008

Storm on my mind..

Where I am it is a typical August day, sunny temps in the mid 80's, they skies are clear but my mind is on people and places stuck in the path of Tropical Storm Fay. My parents live on the beach in North Florida. Fay, made it's third land fall just south of them and her northern bands are striking out where my parents live.

Thankfully my parents are all right. They did loose power for a while. They have lost some branches and palms from their trees. They like most people there are all right. According to my Dad, and I am sure he got the information from some local Jacksonville media outlet two people died from this storm. One person had an accident while messing with an emergency generator when the power went out. The other person was a tourist, who decided to go swimming with some buddies in he Ocean. One made it back, one made it to the hospital, and one died.

Hopefully, Fay will pass on bye. Hopefully further damage will be minimal from the winds, flood and rain. Hopefully, Fay will calm down and deliver her rain to the ones who really need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was super long)
so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say,
I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the
whole thing. Do you have any tips for newbie blog
writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.

my homepage; http://members.thebigartexperience.com/