Tuesday, December 29, 2020

R.I.P Phil Niekro

 When someone mentions knuckle ball pitchers the first name that pops in my mind is Phil Niekro. He was pitching well before I was born. However, as a Braves fan it wasn't long before I knew who he was. Later in his career I was able to see him pitch in person, he was playing for the Cleveland Indians and I saw him pitch in Baltimore.

He won 318 games, threw a no hitter, struck out over 3000 batters and is in baseball's Hall of Fame. He lead the league in wins twice, won 5 Gold Gloves, was a 5 time All Star, simply put he was a good pitcher.

He will be missed by his fans, friends and family.


                                                        Highlights...


His Hall of Fame Speech...





1 comment:

John Holton said...

Old Knucksie was an Atlanta favorite, and I was really sorry to hear he had passed. He's probably off talking knuckleballs with Hoyt Wilhelm and Dutch Leonard...