Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Battle of the Band Results: Calypso and Mixed Drinks

 


Thought I would open my blog with some 1950s Coca Cola ads since my song featured Coca Cola. The winners even pre-dated the 50s. Rum has been adding the smile to coca cola for years!

I bet you weren't expecting a Calypso song.  However if you been following for a while you know I like to mix it up and nothing is really planned out. 

The Andrews Sisters beat Harry Belafonte 4 to 1. Somebody had shared the Andres Sisters version on a facebook group. It was kind of a ear worm that stuck around for the battle. We celebrate winners so let's go!

                                                     "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy"


They had a number one hit with "Ferryboat Serenade"


"Shoo Shoo Baby" another top hit



Well I have a week to come up with something for my last Battle of the Bands battle of 2020. Stay tuned to see what I come up with!






No comments: