Monday, October 5, 2020

Monday's Music Moves Me: Number One Hits for the first week of Rocktober

 It's Rocktober, it's time for Monday's Music Moves Me, and the theme is a freebie. I thought I would time travel and see if I can find some Rock songs topping the Billboard charts for the first week in October. Get your retro dance outfit and let's start this Rock and Roll sock hop.

The week ending October 2, 1965..."Hang on Sloopy" by The McCoys


On Today's Date 1968 The Beatles "Hey Jude" topped the charts..


On October 2, 1971 Rod Stewart topped the Chart with "Maggie May"


October 4, 1975 David Bowie "Fame" was on top..


October 2, 1976 time to "Play That Funky Music" Wild Cherry


Queen ruled on October 4, 1980 with "Another One Bites the Dust"


On October 2, 1982 John Cougar (Melloncamp) with "Jack and Diane"


On October 6, 1984 Prince and the Revolution ruled with "Let's Go Crazy"


On this date in 1985 it was Dire Straits "Money for Nothing"


Hope you enjoyed and I will see you soon!
























6 comments:

csuhpat1 said...

Super cool Number One's. Thanks for sharing.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Great song set for your choice song pick week as well for the Rocktober Mewsic Fest challenge. Thanks for sharing the dance floor with the 4M crew today. Stay safe, be well, and have a boogietastic week, my friend!

Mary B said...

Really fun songs, Mike! Thanks for joining in today! don't forget you can join in every day at www.jinglejanglejungle.net - It's a lot of fun!

XmasDolly said...

Oh my gosh, many tunes my husband use to play in his old band. You have really rocked the house my friend! Woo Hoo! Great job! Thanks for joining us!

John Holton said...

Great theme for your post!

Alana said...

This was quite a date for cool number ones. All of these are songs I enjoy, but "Play that Funky Music" brings back some memories of an interesting time in my life. Happy Rocktober for you!