Sunday, April 8, 2018

Monday's Music Moves Me: Songs about Easter



This week's episode of Monday's Music Moves Me features the theme related to Easter.

Well I heard the Easter Bunny is all ears! So let's do this..

I'll start off with a pre-Easter, Lent season hymn....


The song is certainly related to Easter. It is powerful, emotional with a lot of feeling. All those ingredients I find make a great song to my ears! Tatiana with the version above.

Below is "The Easter Song" by The 2nd Chapter of Acts..


Way back from 1974, some classic Christian Rock.

Speaking of classics Gene Autry taking us out with "Peter Cottontail"..


Well I hope you enjoyed my 4M post. This week I will be continuing the A to Z Challenge with 6 more posts and next Sunday I will have my Battle of the Bands post so a lot happening here!

6 comments:

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Peter Cottontail is very popular already this week.
Your first video is of course very appropriate and one I am quite familiar with.

The second song is new to me but I like it.

Have a good week.
Come by.

http://michellesmusingsandmerriment.blogspot.com/2018/04/g-is-for-glorious-h-is-for-hallelujah.html

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Yeah, the Easter Bunny is all ears. lol I love your songs for Easter especially the first two. "Were You There" was sung often in the church when I was younger which always moved me to reflect on Christ's death and oh, "The 2nd Chapter of Acts" so beautiful and joyous with the good news that Christ has risen. Thank you for lifting my soul this morning, my friend. Thanks for sharing with the 4M gang!

csuhpat1 said...

Beautiful song. I think I messed up and did my Easter/Faith songs last week. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

pilch92 said...

Were You There is always sung at my church during Lent. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Gene Autry and Peter Cottontail... I love it, but what I love even more is the picture of the 78rpm record. That's totally awesome. Great job and the the other tunes were very inspiring. Were you there I must say was my favorite. You've done a great job my friend! Great job! Thank you for joining us. hugs

Unknown said...

I could've sworn I was here today, but oh well, hello again then! I love the picture of the 78 rpm record of Gene Autry. Totally awesome I love everything old,antique, me... hahaha Anyway great job my friend and I love the tunes you have chosen. Were you there really touches the heart. Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry I'm just in a funk today... I'm a mess! I'm always a mess... sorry! HAVE A ROCKIN' WEEK MY FRIEND! hugs