Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snowed Out and Mardi Gras Week

Ok, we are having a heck of a winter. I like snow but I think I like things in moderation. Too much snow so I can't get my car out means no skiing and playing in the snow. We got dumped on and I live on a hill. We lost power for 12 hours one day and our roads have been barely passable by 4X4's. I have front wheel drive, my wife has a jeep. So, we have been staying at friends house who have power lines underground, and have been having an endless slumber party. I was finally able to get my car out yesterday. My laptop also crashed. So, needless to say I have been away from my computer for a while.

I published a few articles early this month. I haven't published anything new in almost 2 weeks so I do need to get on the stick (or at least the keyboard).

Well, it hasn't been all bad as Valentine's Day, me and my wife ended up going to the Tab Benoit show in Falls Church. He is a very talented musician. One of the best guitarists from New Orleans. Big Sam's Funky Nation was a fun opening act who also jammed with Tab during his set. It was a  great show and a great way to kick off Mardi Gras week. A little taste of New Orleans. Then Monday and even Tuesday were ordinary days. But hey ordinary days aren't all bad. I hope everyone had fun on Fat Tuesday.

No comments: