Monday, November 16, 2020

Monday's Music Moves Me: Songs from those who Passed Away in November

 This week's theme on Monday's Music Moves Me is a freebie. Last week we looked at artists born in November, I am flipping the coin and going with artists who have died in November. 

Freddie Mercury 11.24.91

"Another One Bites The Dust"


George Harrison 11.29.2001

"What is Life"


Michael Hutchence 11.22.1997

INXS "Disappear"


                                                                                                                                                                       Allen Toussaint 11.10.2015

"Southern Nights"


Leonard Cohen 11.07.2016

"Closing Time"



Leon Russell 11.13.2016

"A Song for You"


I hope you enjoyed the set and see you soon!





                                                                                







5 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

I enjoyed listening to your mix of tunes this morning. I hope you're doing well. Come by and boogie with me when you get a chance! Have a funtastic day!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Excuse me if I left a previous comment. I stopped by listened to your mewsic and thought I dropped ya a line or two but when I went to close this tab I noticed I was on your comments. Since I couldn't see one from me then I began to doubt that I left one, so anywho I enjoyed your song picks this morning. :) Thanks for joining us on the dance floor, my friend. Have a boogietastic wee!

csuhpat1 said...

Such a classic list of people who have passed in the month of November.

John Holton said...

These were all good, though I got a message saying that the INXS video "wasn't available in my country." You're in the US, aren't yoy?

Alana said...

I have the same comment as John (I did find the song on You Tube; it's an INXS song I didn't know.). Interesting list. The one that really impressed me (and was also new to me) was "Closing Time". I never truly appreciated Leonard Cohen until after his death. His voice is kind of unusual but his poetry is stunning. November is just a bad month for dying and this was a sad list indeed.