Monday, November 2, 2020

Monday's Music Moves Me: Election Theme

 Today's theme is a freebie and I have chosen "election themed songs" as my theme. I don't care who you vote for or if you are like me already voted for it is none of my business. I have international readers obviously they can't vote in the U.S. election. Others may choose not to vote and that is your choice. However election day is Tuesday and it is kind of a big event. 



James Brown starts the party with "Living in America"


Johnny Sea "Day for Decision"


We went way back to 1966 for that one.

We'll stay in that era with "Voice Your Choice" by The Radiants released in 1965


Paula Webb "Please Mr. President"


From 1985 "Election Day" Arcadia


Alice Cooper "Elected"


Maybe a "Funky President" ...


A double helping of James Brown "I feel good!"

Just for fun The Presidents of the United States of America "Peaches"


Hope you enjoyed! The election is tomorrow stay safe, have fun and enjoy the dance floor!
























6 comments:

csuhpat1 said...

Such great songs. Super cool theme that you picked there.

John Holton said...

Any time I see a Warner Brothers 45 label like that one I think of "They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaaaa!" Which might actually be a good fit here...

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Great theme for your song choice week! I got a chuckle in the Alice Cooper video of the woman boycotting lettuce. :D I think no matter who wins tomorrow, the country is going to be in chaos. The left will riot because they are agree Trump wins or they'll burn down cities to celebrate Biden's victory. Saying prayers for a peaceful evening and days to follow the election. God is in control! Thanks for joining the 4M crew on the dance floor, my friend!

songbird's crazy world said...

Great song choices

Arlee Bird said...

I bought the Arcadia album on cassette soon after it was released. AS I recall it was a pretty good album, but I don't guess I've listened to it in years, maybe decades.

You've assembled an apt song list for today.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Great songs, Mike. We loved to see Alice Cooper once again too😸Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend🐾😽💞