Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Money, September's Battle of the Bands, Rocktober's Music Festival

Well here is my second post for Rocktober. Apparently I am participating in a blog fest this month. I'll give it a go, like a good blogging addict one day at a time and see how it goes. Well on the 15th of September I had a Battle of the Bands battle and I guess it would probably be a good thing to share the results.


The Battle featured a classic rock song by Eddie Money called "Take Me Home Tonight." The contestants were Jump Off and Every Avenue. Jump Off ran away with it winning 5 to 1. I was saved from a shut out by the mercy of Stephen

The Jump Off bills themselves as Philadelphia's Hottest Up and Coming Party Band. 


Here they cover Rob Zombie's "Dragula" which is perfect for Rocktober..



Here is a video about the band...




Support your local music where ever you might be. You never know when your local band might make it onto one of these Battle of the Band things.  Don't forget to vote on my girls gone AC/DC Battle of the Bands that is going on now.

2 comments:

Mary B said...

Great to have you aboard on the #RocktoberMusicFest train! I've always liked Dragula. Rob Zombie, White Zombie, and the other incarnations of him have been s bit of a secret indulgence for myself.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Both bands are new to me. Dragula (cool name) is a bit too heavy for me but Jump Off sounded pretty good. I might have to listen to more of their stuff. Thanks for swinging by to listen to my mini-RMF concert! Rock on, my friend!