Monday, September 2, 2019

Monday's Music Moves Me: Labor Day

Monday's Music Moves Me theme today is to spell out Labor Day with a playlist. I can do that and I am back doing the Monday's Music Moves Me thing for at least this week. If you want to sign up for it, see who else is playing or want to join in here is a link for that.

L is for Lazy


Deep Purple kicking things off.

A is for Autumn Leaves


Changing gears with the talented Eva Cassidy.

B is for Boulevard of Broken Dreams



Green Day taking us down another road!

O is for Oh Well!


That's a different Fleetwood Mac!

R is for Radio Waves

 

Roger Waters of Pink Floyd fame with a solo song.

D is for Dream Weaver


Gary Wright taking us on a journey.

A is for Aeroplane


Red Hot Chili Peppers spicing up the playlist.

Y is for Yesterday!


Tomorrow when you go back to work you will long for Yesterday! Ending with The Beatles is never a bad thing. I hope you enjoyed and will see you soon!


6 comments:

John Holton said...

Eva Cassidy, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, and the Beatles, all in one list!

Mary B said...

Oh Snap! This is a fun list! Thanks for playing along today. Hope you're having a great holiday and have an even better week.

csuhpat1 said...

Very nice. That is a great playlist there.

songbird's crazy world said...

Fleet wood Mac, the Beatles and Green Day ...

XmasDolly said...

Dang, I totally agree with John, but my favorite song here and yes I'm going with the oldies and that's "Yesterday"! Beatles and then Fleetwood Mac and Red Hot Chili Peppers! Woo Hoo Watchin' Cubs!! GO CUBS GO HEY CHICAGO WHAT DO YOU SAY CUBS ARE GONNA WIN TODAY! hahahha HAPPY LABOR DAY!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

You have a mix of some real oldies & more recent oldies but you know I absolutely loved 'Dream Weaver'. That song always transforms me to a different time. What was going on in my world in 1975 when this song hit I have no clue but this oldie sorta fills me with melancholy. I guess it's related to those troublesome teenage blues of a young girl. :) Thanks for sharing the dance floor and for joining the party, my friend. Have a boogietastic week!