Monday, September 16, 2019

Monday's Music Moves Me: Farm Aid

Today's theme for Monday's Music Moves Me is artists/bands that have performed at Farm Aid. The festival started in September of 1985 and this year's festival is on September 21, 2019. If you want more information on the charity, festival and how you can help visit their site.


                                                  Neil Young and Waylon Jennings perform "Get Back to the Country" at the original Farm Aid


Willie Nelson performs "Always on my Mind" at last year's Farm Aid


John Mellencamp performs "Small Town" in 1987


Dave Matthews Band "Crash Into Me" from Farm Aid 1997



Neil Young "Heart of Gold" from the first one


Bonnie Raitt and John Prine from Farm Aid 1986


Hope you enjoy and I will see you soon!

6 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Excellent mewsic picks for this week's Farm Aid theme. I'm so glad Mary suggested this for us. So, far I've come across some excellent tunes to chair boogie to this morning. Have a great week, my friend!

songbird's crazy world said...

Nice song choices.

csuhpat1 said...

Great song choices. Thanks for sharing it.

John Holton said...

You did a nice job, Mike, especially given that you took footage from the actual event! Good list!

XmasDolly said...

Dang, I think I commented here, but I guess I'll have to come back to see if I did. Anyway, you have a great line up here girlfriend! Have a great night!

Alana said...

Enjoyed the young John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews (he has such a distinctive voice, although I couldn't figure out who the cowboy at the beginning of the video was). Willie Nelson is always a good choice. Nice song choices here. Hard to believe this organization was founded over 30 years ago, and there is still such need.